Authors of articles
Requirements to the articles sent to Vestnik of NEFU Academic Peer-reviewed Periodical (Medical Sciences Series)
Authors sending articles to the Editors Office of VESTNIK OF NEFU (Medical Sciences Series) should follow the provisions developed by the Periodical Editors Office (Appendix) and the Series Editors Office, based on the recommendations of the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation and Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals, developed by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors.
1. General rules:
1.1. The article from third-party organizations should be accompanied by the official letter from the institution where the work has been performed, and the consent of the (academic) supervisor on the first page, indicating that this material has not been sent and/or published in other periodicals. The letter should indicate whether the article is a thesis research.
1.2. The Editors Office reserve the right to shorten and edit the submitted articles without changing their main content. The date of receipt of the article is the time of receiving the final (revised) version of the article.
1.3. The article is sent to the Editors Office by e-mail and in printed form (2 copies).
2. Article submission guidelines – see the Requirements.
3. Materials should be sent to the following address: 677000, Yakutsk, ul. Oyunskogo, 27, Editors Office of Medical Sciences Series, Vestnik of NEFU.
Requirements to the authors
for publications in the peer-reviewed periodical
“Vestnik of M.K. Ammosov NEFU”
The Periodical publishes academic articles by NEFU professors and lecturers, doctoral candidates, postgraduate students, Master’s degree students and other authors doing academic research from all RF regions.
2. The Editors Office accept manuscripts with well-detailed and specific abstracts. They should be structured following the IMRAD principle (Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion): Relevance, goals and objectives of a research. The way the research was held; which methods were used. Main conclusions, results of the research; what sort of perspectives of the research and directions of further work. The abstract should contain at least 150-200 words. Reports in the Chronicle and Anniversaries Sections are given without abstracts. Keywords (at least 10) are to be used for search in electronic libraries, should be laconic and represent the main idea and specificity of the article.
The Editors Office accept articles that contain new evidence or theoretical statements, unpublished before, as well as articles of a methodological nature. Articles should be relevant in terms of the subject matter, meaningful from an academic and practical point of view, compositionally clearly structured.
Introduction should contain a description of the problem, short review of the academic literature on the topic (with references), critic on disadvantages and advantages of the suggested approach. The goal of a research should be clearly defined.
The main body should be divided in sections. The sections should have informative titles. “Main Body” subtitle is not acceptable. The introduction, sections and conclusion are not numbered.
The conclusion. General conclusions on the substantial part are given. Authors should avoid mere review of the material presented in the article.
With the illustrative materials and the list of references, the article should be under 24 pages, Chronicle and Anniversaries pieces – 1-2 pages.
Articles should be thoroughly edited. The printed version of an article is submitted in two copies. MS Word processor, A4 format, portrait orientation, margins: upper – 2.0 cm, lower – 3.0 cm, left and right – 2.5 cm, paragraph setback – 1.25 cm; feed pitch – multiplying factor 1.5; main body size – 14 , abstract size – 12, font – Times New Roman. The second copy is submitted without the author’s name (for blind review).
Before the title of the article, there should be UDC in the top right corner (in bold).
The article should begin with the initials and surname of the author(s) on the right in bold (in italics), then comes the title of the article in capital letters (in bold). The English title of the article is given in lower-case letters.
Manuscripts should be signed by the author(s) at the end. The information about the author(s) (in Russian and in English) comes on a new page:
– full name;
– academic degree (if any);
– place of work, position;
– postal address with CITY CODE (for posting the author’s copy);
– contact phone number (for mobile communications with the editors office).
Post-graduate students should also submit the supervisor’s opinion.
Abbreviations should be only generally accepted (in the text and in the tables). All abbreviation and shortenings must be deciphered at the first use in a text. All tables should include headings and continuous numbering within the article denoted with Arabic numerals (for instance: Table 1), in the text references are given in the shortened form (Tab. 1). The text of a table is printed after two intervals. In the Biology Section, titles and tables should contain only Latin names of species, genera and families. Comments to a table come right under the table.
Formulas should have continuous numeration. The number is written at the end of a line with Arabic numerals in round brackets. There should be an interval of at least 1.5-2 cm between a formula, given in a separate line, and the text, as well as between lines of formulas.
Illustrating material (graphics, cards, schemes, photos) is named as pictures, has continuous numeration (Arabic numerals) and is written in a shortened form (for example: Fig. 1). Coloured pictures (graphics, diagrams) are accepted. If a picture comes in a separate page, the reverse side should contain the number, author’s surname and title of the article in pencil. Pictures and comments to tem should be submitted in two copies. The size of a picture – at least 40×50 mm and under 120×170 mm. They should be accompanied by the list of comments with the values of used measures.
References in the text are written as a number (Arabic numeral) in straight brackets.
8. References are given under heading “References” right after the text of the article. The references list is duplicated in Latin according to the system of the USA Library of Congress (LC, website for transliteration: http://translit.ru).All reference works are enumerated in the order of their appearance in the text. For periodicals, it is necessary to write the author’s family name, initials, title of the article, periodical’s title, year of publication, volume, issue, first and the last pages of the article
An electronic version of an article is to be sent by the e-mail, pictures are sent as separate files in the jpg format.
Manuscripts are reviewed in the order of their submission for 3–6 months.
The final decision about publishing an article is made by members of the Editors Office.
Publication of articles is free of charge.
Articles not meeting the above requirement will not be reviewed.